Hotmail is one of the oldest mail service in this world used by millions of people. It is not migrated to Outlook. Existing users can still use it via Outlook. Hotmail Login procedure is still the same in new look.
In this guide you’ll know everything about www.Hotmail.com. How to sign up for Hotmail, How to login to your hotmail account & in case, how to recover your account.
How to Sign up for Hotmail Account on PC?
- From your desktop, open your web browser and go to https://outlook.live.com or write in the web address: https://www.hotmail.com/
- After the page will open, you’ll see an option on the page “Create Free Account“
- By clicking on that, you will be redirected to Hotmail Sign up page.
- Fill up the mandatory information in the basic form and click on Submit.
- In case, you need to verify your identity, you will be asked to verify your phone number. They will send a code to your mobile phone, Enter that code in the field and your hotmail account will be fully verified and ready to use.
Hotmail Sign up Process for Mobile Users
- Go to App Store (Apple Products) or Google Play Store (Android users) and search for Hotmail.
- Install the very first application appeared in the list.
- After installation, open the app and click on “Create Account“
- Fill up the form by providing basic information about you, Choose a strong password and click on “Sign up“.
- That’s it, you will be automatically logged in after this process.
More Detailed Guide Here: How to Register for Hotmail Account?
How to Login to your Hotmail Account on PC?
Hotmail login process is simple, just follow the steps below,
- Go to www.hotmail.com or Click here: https://login.live.com/login.srf.
- On the right side of the page, click on “Hotmail Sign in“.
- Enter your email address and password in the fields and click “Sign-in“.
- If your details are correct, you’ll be logged in to your hotmail account.
Hotmail Login process for Mobile Users
- Install the official Hotmail(Outlook) app from Play Store or App store if not already Installed.
- Open the app, you’ll the hotmail account login form on the screen.
- Enter your email/username & password and click on “Sign in“.
- Its that much easy, you are now logged in to your hotmail account.
Follow this guide for More information: How to Open Hotmail on Desktop & Mobile Phone?
What makes Hotmail stands out?
With the ease of navigation and use, Hotmail still tops the list for easy to use service. There are a lot of big services available like Gmail & Yahoo Mail but Hotmail is still one of the old services and the best ever.
Having a Microsoft Hotmail account makes it easier for user to use other services like One Drive, Skype, Windows Essentials & SkyDrive. You just need one simple account to use all these service.
Most Common Hotmail Login Problems
Hotmail Sign up Issues: Most of the new users don’t know how to use Hotmail, sometimes they don’t find the official website or sometimes they gets messed up between other services. Hotmail is now officially known as Outlook! Users can Sign up using this link: https://signup.live.com/signup
Hotmail Login Issues: The most major & related issue is that users don’t find the new website to sign in to hotmail account, like we said above users ends messing up & confused with different names. Once again Hotmail has completely shifted to Outlook and now users can sign in to hotmail account using this Link: https://login.live.com/login.srf
Hotmail Account Password Forgot: The most difficult time is when a user forgets an account password which have their all important information and documents on it. Well this is just nothing, you can recover your account password easily. Follow this link: https://account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx.
The password reset link will be sent to your recovery email account or Phone number. Click that link and setup a new password for your account.
For more information about recovery process: How to Recover your Hotmail account?
How to Change your Hotmail Account Password?
- From the dashboard, go to your account Settings page.
- Click on Privacy & Security Tab.
- There you’ll see an option: Change Account Password.
- For verification you need to enter your current Hotmail account password first, then choose a new and strong password for your account.
- Re-enter the password again to reassure and click on Change Password.
- That’s it you have now changed your account password for hotmail login & for other Microsoft services as well.
Can’t find what you’re looking for? Check: How to Change Password for Hotmail Account?
Security Tips for your Hotmail Account
Hotmail Password: Always choose a strong password mix with both upper case and lower case letters, use special characters and number to make it even more stronger. Never share your password with anyone and do not login to hotmail account in public places such as Internet Cafes. If you want to save your password somewhere safe you can use LastPass.com.
Hotmail Inbox: With the most easy navigation, you can easily understand hotmail inbox. However, you can create separate groups for your personal and work emails. You can use Groups to sort your personal emails at one place. Hotmail has a great feature of detecting spam mails but you still need to be aware from where you’re receiving an email.
Hotmail Privacy: Never share your password online with anyone. In this time people do very clever techniques to scam innocent people. Always have an eye on sender’s email and source. Never share your account password or any other information.
Do not click on any suspicious link and watch out for phishing! Never sign in to your hotmail account without checking the web address first. Make sure its www.hotmail.com or outlook.live.com.
Using these easy steps you can create your www.Hotmail.com (Outlook.com) account. And these easy tips will give you much help with using this service. Most common Hotmail login issues have been mentioned above, but still if you need any further help, feel free to contact us.